POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.newusers : Media usage : Re: Media usage Server Time
28 Jul 2024 12:29:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Media usage
From: Micheus
Date: 15 Jun 2009 18:00:00
Message: <web.4a36c43a438fc1fb194bff60@news.povray.org>
"Slime" <fak### [at] emailaddress> wrote:
> Because you moved the position of the "translate". In the original code, the
> translation applies to the media as well as the sphere. In your code, it
> applies only to the sphere and doesn't affect the media within it.
>
>  - Slime
>  [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]

Thanks Slime.
I haven't found this information on documentation.

I have change the code to:
#declare nebulosa = sphere // transparent sphere containing media
 { 0,.7
 }

object { nebulosa
   pigment { rgbt 1 } hollow
   interior
   {
     media
     { emission 1
       density
       { spherical density_map
         { [0 rgb 0]
           [0.4 rgb <1,0,0>]
           [0.8 rgb <1,1,0>]
           [1 rgb 1]
         }
       }
     }
   }
   translate <0.5, 1.7, 0.5>
}
and really work fine (only if "translate" is called after "interior")

So, now I go to an other level...
In the true I want use this effect with "mesh" objects and solved this doubt I
would like to try this code with an irregular mesh (see:
http://img196.imageshack.us/img196/4778/lavalampwings3d.png) - the yellow lava
"balls".
Don't POV have a way to use object shape? (only: bozo, wood, gradient, waves,
spherical, planar, cylindrical, and boxed)

TIA